Participants: G. Daniluk, S. Danzeca, V. Schramm, D. Valuch
- Tests which can be performed with the equipment of the 864/R-B02 lab and which are recommended:
- ESD (recommended; potentially an ESD gun is to be purchased)
- EFT/Burst (recommended)
- Surge (recommended)
- Radiated immunity (to be checked with users whether necessary)
- Conducted disturbances (recommended)
- Voltage dips, drops and interruptions (recommended)
- Magnetic field (easy to test, but TBC whether necessary)
- Emission testing may not be necessary for the installation regions of the DI/OT.
- Approach to test until failure and to evaluate the obtained immunity level. If necessary design optimisations are to be implemented.
- 3-step-strategy to perform an 1) EMC Design Review, followed by 2) Pre-Compliance Testing, and final 3) Approval Testing alongside the DI/OT design process (see slide 10).
- All three process steps can be performed at CERN. Unless a certification is needed, no need is seen to perform EMC testing outside of CERN.
- A CERN EMC expert panel can be available to review the design regarding EMC.
- Assistance to perform the tests is also available.
Major Outcomes & Actions
- Once available, DI/OT design files to be sent for EMC design review to expert panel
- DI/OT EMC strategy to be defined and to be reviewed by expert panel during design review