Libre-FDATool is a Python package aimed at helping in the analysis and design of HDL filters from high-level specifications. This Free/Libre Open Source software supports both VHDL and Verilog code generation and relies on a collection of Free scientific and EDA tools for providing advanced features -- simulation, graphics, debugging, etc.
In order to overcome the problems often related with deploying open design toolchains from the ground up across different host environments, Libre-FDATool and the associated third-party tools are alternatively distributed in a customized GNU/Linux development virtual machine image. This virtualized solution is ready to use right out of the box and can be easily deployed by only using free software in any mainstream Operating System (GNU/Linux, Windows, OS-X, Solaris).
NOTE: Libre-FDATool is in Alpha status and intended for internal evaluation usage. We are looking for programmers and HDL designers for helping in the development of the first stable release!!
- Python 2.7 and 3.x support
- Friendly Graphical User Interface (Qt based)
- Automatic VHDL and Verilog synthesizable code generation -- including testbenches
- Multiple high-level filter description recipes for LTI systems -- FIR and IIR
- Support for different filter realization structures
- Built in graphical analysis for both floating point and HDL filter models
- DSP chain simulation using open source tools -- Icarus Verilog and HDL
- VCD tracer for in-depth logic analysis
- Multiple Operative System support
General question about project
|18-03-2013||First test of concept version, starting the blueprint development process.|
|06-10-2013||Libre-FDATool official KickStart on ICALEPCS 2013 OHW. The alpha version of the application is publicly released under GPLv3 along with a Virtual Appliance intended for fast evaluation and development. The objective is starting to build a community of specialist developers around the application|
Javier D. Garcia-Lasheras - 13 October 2013