fmc-dio-5chttla FMC 5-channel Digital I/O module
The fmc-dio-5chttla 5-channel digital I/O module is a simple board for
digital I/O on LEMO connectors.
It has been designed for testing White Rabbit functionality as part of the SPEC Demonstration Package for White Rabbit (manual), and it can be used for other general purpose applications too.
- 5 input/output ports with independently programmable direction (Lemo 00 connectors).
- Output levels: LVTTL, capable of driving +2.5 V over a 50-Ohm load. At power-up the outputs are in Hi-Z state.
- Input levels: any logic standard from Vih = 1 V to Vih = 5 V (threshold programmable for each input independently).
- Output Rise/fall times: max. 2 ns.
- I/O bandwidth: 200 MHz.
- Programmable 50-Ohm input termination in each channel.
- LVDS I/O on the carrier side.
- One of the inputs is capable of driving a global clock net in the carrier's FPGA.
- Inputs and outputs protected against +15V pulses with a pulse width of up to 10us @ 50Hz.
- 4-layer PCB
- NOTE: This board (up to v2.0) uses EEPROM that is not compatible with VITA 57.1 standard and thus carriers might have difficulties reading configuration from it, see issue #1 and detailed explanation.
- Official production documentation: EDMS EDA-02408
- Notes on the hardware design
- Frequently Asked Questions
- FMC DIO, Seven Solutions, Spain
- FMC DIO 5ch TTL a, Creotech, Poland
- fmc dio 5chttla, INCAA Computers, Netherlands.
- Erik van der Bij - CERN - General question about project
- Tom Wlostowski - CERN - Designer
|27-05-2011||Start of brainstorming.|
|19-07-2011||Five cards built. Has some bugs.|
|20-09-2011||Updated schematics in SVN. Will pass through CERN's design office.|
|12-10-2011||Production documentation available in EDMS. Project closed.|
|07-11-2011||Seven Solutions will produce and commercialise the cards.|
|16-12-2011||Order placed for production test software writing.|
|24-02-2012||Seven Solutions will deliver 5 cards 2nd week of March. Production test program will be written in March.|
|20-03-2012||Two IC's in design V1-0 are of wrong type. Will create a new version. No PCB change required.|
|13-04-2012||First version of Production test program written and documented in PTS project.|
|13-04-2012||Order for 10 V1 modules placed.|
|15-08-2012||V2-0 design being made to solve known Issues. V1-2 solves issue 487.
Removed "withstands output shorted" spec: it works but is out of spec of driver IC.
|13-09-2012||Delivery of 10 V1 modules will be shipped to CERN.|
|25-10-2012||Review of V2-0.|
|26-06-2014||A new version of the PTS test program exists that loads the EEPROM with SDB data. Please contact us for info.|
|30-01-2020||CERN had ordered 50 modules in 2014 and 35 in 2015. Over 60 cards used in the CERN accelerator complex.|
|16-06-2021||CERN purchases another 60 modules.|
Tom Wlostowski, Erik van der Bij, Maciej Lipinski - 16 June 2021