Software for the Simple PCIe FMC carrier (SPEC)
The SPEC card can be used in many ways. If you know about other software for the cards, please inform me about it.
Production test software
- Production Test Suite for the SPEC
- Production Test Suite (usable for other boards too)
- This tutorial explains how the users can combined the SPEC with the fmc-dio board to get WR synchronization.
- This developer tutorial details on how to get ready to work with the (SPEC), including hardware deployment instructions, full required toolchain setup and a collection of step-by-step demonstrative tutorials.
- This package includes a device driver for the GN4124 PCI-E board and a module for raw PCI I/O, used at CERN as development tool to help prototyping White Rabbit hardware and software. Going to be phased out soon, in favor of the Software support for the SPEC board Project. (June 2014)
Software support for the SPEC board Project
- Running simple SPEC-to-SPEC White Rabbit demo
- [obsolete] How to setup a mini WhiteRabbit network with two SPEC cards (Master and Slave)
- [obsolete] SPEC Demonstration Package, demonstrating White
Rabbit timing network functionality with a SPEC board.
- User Manual
- This demonstration package uses two SPEC boards with fmc-dio-5chttla Digital I/O FMC cards and a White Rabbit switch.
- Flasher for a variety of BE-CO-HT cards (SVEC, SPEC, CTRVD, CTRFMC). For internal use.
Labview-RT drivers are available for use with specific FMC Mezzanine cards.
FMC DEL 1ns 4cha - stand-alone application
- Framework able to provide stand-alone operation of SPEC-based nodes (SPECv4/SPEC100 carriers) that it is easily portable to other ones. As demonstration FMC DEL stand-alone mode has been implemented.
PCIe Configuration Registers
|Vendor ID||CERN (0x10DC)|
|Device ID||SPEC (0X018D)|
|SPEC100 (0x01A2) - special version with LX100T|
|Subsystem Vendor ID||Gennum (0x1A39)|
|Subsystem ID||GN412x (0x0004)|
|Revision ID||PCB version (EDA version for CERN)|
Erik van der Bij - 24 August 2021