Users of the FMC TDC 1ns 5cha card.
The FMC TDC 1ns 5cha card can be used in many ways. If you use the cards, please inform me about it.
- Beam Transfer system (TE-ABT-EC)
- LHC Instability Trigger Distribution project - LIST (T.Wlostowski, July 2014)
- “The CERN Beam Instrumentation group, together with physicists
from the protoDUNE collaboration, is investigating a sub
nanosecond time-of-flight system based on scintillating fibres
read-out with fast PMT. The SVEC FMC-TDC has been chosen as it
has the required timing performance and it integrates White
Rabbit, which is required to timestamp the events in a common
time reference shared by the beam instrumentation and the
protoDUNE detectors.” (Feb 2017, I.Ortega)
- The first results are very promising, as they show that we can achieve a time resolution of 900ps, which would allow to identify several particle species in the beam. (Dec 2017, I. Ortega
- The Short Baseline Neutrino Physics program (SBN) at Fermilab aims to perform sensitive searches for νe appearance and νμ disappearance in the Booster Neutrino Beam (BNB) using three LAr TPC detectors: SBND (Near Detector), MicroBooNE and ICARUS (Far Detector) located respectively at 110/470/700 meters from the primary target & magnet horns enclosure.
- WR network for distributing a common pps GPS-locked to the beam target and the detector halls;
- use of 2 FMC-TDCs, at the BNB and NuMI beam target halls, for time-stamping both the “early warning" and effective beam extraction signals, and distribute these time stamps to the detector halls through WR network;
- use of 2 FMC-FineDelay, at the detector halls, to generate beam
gate windows for triggering on the basis on the beam extraction
time stamps, and possibly to generate the clocks for the readout
electronics from the pps.
- This WR network will be the first WR implementation on North America. (D.Torretta, 3/2017)
KEK, High Energy Accelerator Research Organization Accelerator Laboratory, Japan
- SuperKEKB: evaluation for White Rabbit Timing Distribution (WRTD) system (Nov.2021) evaluation for distributed DAQ system
- Presented at ICALEPCS 2021, https://accelconf.web.cern.ch/icalepcs2021/papers/thpv027.pdf
- If selected, a dozen will be needed.
- Developing the device/driver for EPICS. Information will be soon.
Many others, often used in combination with White Rabbit.
Erik van der Bij - 9 November 2021