FMC DIO 32ch LVDS a
The FMC DIO 32CH LVDS is a universal 32-channel bi-directional LVDS card.
It uses a VHDCI connector compatible with standard SCSI cables. There is
also micro-HDMI connector on the front panel with I2C and some LVDS
signals so that standard HDMI cables can be used.
Each channel may be optionally AC-coupled (0R resistors need to be removed) and is ESD-protected.
All channels are terminated to 1.65V by two 50 Ohm resistors. The direction of each channel is programmed via a serial, SPI-like interface.
The VHDCI connector has also 3.3V supply and buffered I2C interface.
FMC DIO 32CH LVDS prototype board*
- FMC LPC standard
- 32 input/output ports
- Output level: LVDS
- Input level: LVDS, terminated by 2x50Ohm to 1.65V reference
- ESD protection of all IO ports
- Data rate 300Mbit/s (tested), FIN1101K8X repeaters work up to 1.6Gbit/s
- VHDCI connector compatible with standard SCSI cables
- Optional micro-hdmi connector with 4 LVDS pairs and 1 clock signal
- Temperature sensor (I2C)
- 4 layer PCB
Detailed project information
- Schematics (PDF)
- CBM experiment (FAIR, GSI)
General question about the project
|18-04-2016||Cards in use since some time|
|26-05-2016||Creation of ohwr project|
|23-03-2017||Version 1.2 released. Board is compatible with VADJ=1.8...3.3V|
Grzegorz Kasprowicz - 26 May 2016