F*watch case:* model, prototype and final version (click on picture to enlarge).
Case design versions:
- V1: it was just a simple sketch to learn FreeCAD and throw away
- V2 : it is the first version to be printed, it was done based on the V1 of the PCB
- V3 : second version to be printed, improved v2 based on first printing feedback (for PCB v1)
- V5 : ongoing work (ordering 3Dprinting of the proto)
This design is Copyright Julian Lewis 2014.
This documentation describes Open Hardware and is licensed under the CERN OHL v.1.2.
You may redistribute and modify this documentation under the terms of the
CERN OHL v.1.2. (https://www.ohwr.org/cernohl). This documentation is distributed
WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING OF MERCHANTABILITY,
SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
This mechanical design has been made with the FreeCAD Open Source
parametric 3D CAD modeler.
FreeCAD is a Free/Libre Open Source Software Tool which runs on Windows, Ubuntu, Mac OSX and Fedora. It is licensed under the LGPL license.
Making of the
(26 July 2014)
- Over 6 hours in less than 5 minutes - an accelerated freewatch case drawing in FreeCAD
- Showing the full design process of the mechanical design of the Freewatch case.
- Download or watch on youtube
- Other movies
Component selection ideas
A collection of helpful links for the mechanical design, components and some ideas that were gathered during watch design: